Monday, July 25, 2011

Dreams

So, on Tuesday 28 June I had a dream that I had given birth. In my dream, I didn’t even know that I was pregnant; I just went into labour and gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl. The dream was so vivid, I can actually still remember exactly what happened even now. I was home alone when the baby came...

A day after the baby ‘arrived’ I phoned my family and told them the news. My Mum didn’t believe me as she didn’t understand how I had not known I was pregnant.

When I woke up I was a bit concerned. In African culture to dream of birth, means a death (might happen)…

I told my BFF about the dream, and the first thing she asked was whether the baby was healthy. I knew she too was thinking of the death meaning from the African culture.

She then Googled the dream for me, and this is what she found:

‘To dream of giving birth or see someone else giving birth, suggests that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. It also represents a new attitude, fresh beginnings or a major event. Alternatively, the dream may be calling attention to your inner child and the potential for you to grow. A more direct interpretation of this dream may represent your desires/ anxieties of giving birth or the anticipation for such an event to occur.’

This interpretation put me at ease as I had met my Boyfriend about four days before I had this dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment