Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When the lights go off…



When the lights go off and I leave the world behind.
When it’s just me and my thoughts, and an incredibly dark room.
The TV off, my BB on bedside mode, and my work phone off, I lay on my bed and think about it all.
I think about my wonderful family.

Make, who shares most of my secrets wit me. She has moulded me into who I am today.
I think about Babe, who put me through school, who clothed me, and made sure that I had 'enough' (in his terms anyways) pocket money to get me the necessities in my varsity days.

My sister, Mumcy. Such a beautiful caring soul. She has given me three beautiful nieces, and I think she should now stop trying for that boy… I remember when I was younger I'd always try to listen in on her conversations. I too remember all the delicious food she used to cook, and the baked goodies too. she’s the one that taught me that people do not sneeze in their sleep. LOL. There I was laying in the dark, listening in on her conversation with my other older sister. I remember they’d always call my name first to make sure that I am asleep. If I do not respond it means that I’m sound asleep…but this one day. After them calling me, and me not responding, and then discussing the juiciest of all gossip…Aaaachoooo!!!! I goes. Hahaha, you should have seen how far off the bed they both jumped. That was the last time they allowed me to sleep with them, no matter how afraid of the Boogyman I was.



Next comes Bongani, the only boy in the family. Spoilt as heck, but he obviously will not admit this. He's my role model and I look up to him for a number of reasons. He always pushes me to 'make that paper' and lets me know how proud he is of me. He gets me. And the other day he actually told me when he grows up, he wants to be like me. Ncoooh

Connie is next in line. She tells it like it is. So wise this woman is. She has the best advice ever, no matter what you are going through. She's my strength. The one I talk to in good times and bad. When I feel like I can't dzeal, or go on another minute, my problems seem to disappear and the world doesn't seem half as bad after talking to her.



Ziyanda, the baby of the family. How she has grown shem. She used to be my drinking buddy. (I won't say when *straight face* ) yes at times we don't see eye to eye - maybe most times even. But heck, I love her all the same, and how proud I am of her, and wish her all the best in securing that 1st job. Hoping her move to Jozi will be a very long and pleasant one.

Ok, I forget where I was going with all of this, oh yes, when I switch off the lights, before I switch off my mind, these are the things I think about. I think about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family; one which I know will always support me in anything. I think about how blessed I am to have a job I love. I think about how great it is to be uNofundo Manyatsi. And how I would really never swap lives with anybody else, although I do sometimes mumble it through my tears.



I love being ME...MOST of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment