Friday, July 30, 2010

Ndeni



I am numb. I do not know what or how to feel. I am sad, and shocked, and hurting all at the same time. I have just received a phone call informing me that a friend of mine, Ndeni Msomi has passed away. She died at 12h45 today. (29 July 2010)

Ndeni and I met about two/three years ago. She was dating my boyfriend at the time’s friend. We hit it off immediately and stayed in contact since that day we met at ABSA Stadium, during a rugby match.

We hooked up for a few drinks after that, and met occasionally at De La Sol, one of her favourite hang out places.

Ndeni informed me that she had cancer about a year ago. She underwent chemo, and she seemed to be doing very well. Her hair started to grow back, and she was looking stronger everyday. The phone call that I have just received really shattered me. Life is just too short, and it’s so sad that it takes such a tragedy to make one realise that.

I was in Durban in May, I was suppose to hook up with Ndeni and go clubbing. But I was only there for a weekend, and I didn’t get a chance to meet up with her. Now I wish I had made a plan to see her, even if it was just for 10 minutes.

Ndeni my friend, you will be greatly missed. Your smile, your jokes, your inspirational status updates. Every time you went for chemo, you would wear that S on your chest.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, and love leaves memories no one can steal. I will always remember you my friend, and you will be sorely missed by all that had the privilege to have crossed paths with you. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment