Thursday, July 29, 2010

afterwards…..

so my shots are done and I didn’t feel a thing. Okay, I did kind of feel something. Not a sore sensation though, just a weird tingly feeling, as the needle pierced my skin.

I sat and waited for it to pain. My eyes were closed and my fists clinched. Next thing the sister told me ‘there you go, it wasn’t that bad was it?’ And I was like ‘huh, it’s all over already?’….. what an anti climax bra…..

i had expected to get two shots, one for Yellow Fever, the other for Cholera, but, when I got there she informed me that the Cholera ‘shot’ was actually medication that was taken orally.

She then mixed me something which I had to drink. It tasted a bit like Eno, with all those fizzy bubbles as well. She also gave me some malaria tablets and told me not to drink any of their milk, or eat any of their cheese; she also advised not to eat any of their salads and to only drink bottled water while I am that side. The food as well, must be well cooked, so there goes my ‘rare’ steak option 

In case you are wondering where it is I am off to, I am going to the Democratic Republic of Congo. I am going there on a work thing, attending the SADC Lawyer’s Association’s AGM in August.

Some have told me to be careful and to be sure to make it back in one piece. LOL. I have mixed feelings about it. I am scared as well as excited at the same time.

I tried to Google ‘DRC’ and the first link or article that came up is ‘Conflict in the Congo’ true story guys, you can go try it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment