Wednesday, July 21, 2010

once upon a time.....

last night i was tidying up my cupboard and came across a love letter from my very first love. i had such a laugh as i sat on the bed reading it. he spoke about how i was the only one in his heart -ok, i do admit that i was....

then he spoke about how he'll always only love me, and how i was the only one for him - EVER. and how nobody will ever take my place. LOL. well. surprise surprise, my 'first love' is now married and has a beautiful son.

i sat on my bed wondering why we lie to each other like this? does this thing called LOVE make us lie?

dont take me the wrong way, i am totally for love. i love the warm fuzzy feeling you get, the flowers, the all day smses, FB inboxes and pokes, the emails, and the hour long calls to say goodnight.....

But no matter how inlove you are, if it wasn't meant to be, reality will eventually strike - at some point, and then it will all be over....just as quickly as it started.

and guess what, you will LIVE to tell the tale.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Nofundo... too true. Every failed relationship gives us the opportunity to grow into somebody who will be better prepared for a more successful relationship. And so it goes... :) Fred Hatman

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. wow. such an honour to have you commenting on my blog. thanks :) :)

    ReplyDelete